Friday, July 31, 2009

Day 59 - 072909

Baker City, OR to Mt. Vernon, OR - 89.92 miles



I started the day with a convenient store breakfast at the Downtown Chevron. Today was great but tough and filled with climbs as we climbed over Sumpter Pass, Tipton Pass, & Dixie Pass - 5082ft, 5124ft, & 5277ft respectively. I was the first to arrive in Prairie City, OR and I headed straight to the Mountain View Mini Mart for a 32 oz Gatorade and a 32 oz Powerade. I then joined the group at Chuck's Little Diner for lunch. During lunch a quick shower past over and we were forced to scramble inside to avoid eating soaked burgers. We continued riding until we reached our destination for the night at the Clyde Holliday State Park near Mt. Vernon, OR. Another nice campsite with showers available and a store just a mile up the road. Geoff and I decided to check out the Food Mart Chevron for a few goodies before returning to camp for the night. At the campsite I met the parents of Bobby Julich (http://www.bobbyjulich.com/) a great American cyclist. Thanks for the autographed card!


No comments:

Post a Comment