Monday, June 8, 2009

060509 - Day 5




Vesuvius to the Troutville town park for the night, Troutville VA 64 miles.

The rain poured throughout the night and looked to continue as we packed up camp. We dominated Gerties again for breakfast and I think we each enjoyed several delicious sandwiches. My legs were surprisingly refreshed and ready for a day filled with hopefully no more mountain. Our first stop was in Lexington, VA - home of my brother Cory's Alma mater VMI. We ate at the Healthy food co-op for lunch and I must say they had the best black bean chips ive ever tasted ... yummy! The rain poured all day until we reached our final stop of the day at the Virginia Markette. A few more miles and we were setting up camp for the night in Troutville. My dad and step mom came up from Gretna for a visit, took me out to dinner, and took me shopping at a nearby Kroger. Thanks again dad and Betty for the visit and food! The excitement continues to grow for our visit into Blacksburg tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment